Film Week 8/4-8/17

I notice that two weeks have passed and I missed a whole week. I have been very busy with school coming up and "making films" to have time for the blog and so I apologize for that. The good news is that there are more films than there would regularly be. Enjoy!



Pickpocket (1959)

What a beautiful film this one was. This movie just made me want to go and rent some more French/black and white movies. The way Michel was able to pickpocket and learn from more experience pickpockters was fascinating

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)

I watched this movie with a couple of friends, and it sure made us laugh at times. Steve Martin seems to play the same role on every movie, "a stressed out dad." Throughout the whole movie, it seemed to me that even though he was stressed out he still seemed to cope with the annoying stranger. Of course, Steve Martin has the heart of gold, so there is no reason why he would not cope with the fat jolly John Candy. The music made me feel like I shouldn't be watching the movie, since they were really old school synchronized beats. This movie wasn't great but it was worth watching just to catch a couple of laughs with the lads. Overall:

★★ - OK



Smokin' Aces (2007)

To start things off what a horrible movie. Sometimes I rather give the movie a second watch to see if my opinion is correct, with this one there was no need. Alicia Keys happens to be in this movie and of course all musicians make great movie stars as well (no sarcasm intended). The plot in this movie seemed to be non-existent since very little seemed to come out of the whole movie. The writers tried to make this movie into another action-packed movie, but what it truly deserved was to be scrapped and come up with something better. Another thing that seemed to puzzle me was the lack of talent the movie seemed to waste. Actors like Andy Garcia, Jason Bateman and Ray Liotta in a movie together sounds like a great hit. This is not. In the end I was truly disappointed because I wasted my netflix queue on this.

★ - Bad

Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)

May I first start off with what a funny man Dave Chappelle is. This is one of my probably all-time favorite stand up comedians, and that is extremely rare. When I used to watch comedy central, I would see a lot of comedians on tv. Some of them were funny, but almost all of them would make me want to flip the channel to find something else. Than Mr. Chappelle showed up and rocked my world. He is the brilliant mastermind of the show that brought "I'm Rick James, Bitch!" and many other catchy phrases. For What It's Worth, not only made me laugh, but made me fall out of my chair (metaphorically speaking). It seems good old Chappelle hasn't lost his touch, and the way he carries himself in that stage makes me want to go see him if he ever comes to my neck of the woods. I enjoyed every second of his stand-up.

★★★★★ - Perfect


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Post Home